NEW MEXICO'S SOCIAL ENTERPRISE CHALLENGE
Do you have an innovative idea to help address the immediate and long-term economic impacts of COVID-19 in your community? If so, we want to hear from you.
Hosted by Bernalillo County, Nusenda Credit Union, UNM Innovation Academy and the Sandia Labs' Center for Collaboration and Commercialization (C3), this competition provides an opportunity for anyone in the state to pitch their ideas for a chance to win cash prizes from a prize pool of $10,000 and receive follow-on support from economic development professionals.
Apply by submitting the application below with a 90-second video delivering your best idea. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges and announced on April 9, 2020.
Application deadline extended to April 6, 2020
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
There will be one round in the competition.
Record a 90-second video of an individual or team delivering an elevator pitch idea. Videos should capture the delivery of the pitch to the camera. The pitch should be delivered in a single take. Videos should not be edited together or produced with visuals or effects. This doesn’t mean it needs to be filmed on the first take, but there should be no post-production done to the pitch (i.e. don’t edit two halves of different takes together). Avoid reading from scripts or cue cards. Please be sure to record the video in a reasonably quiet environment to make it easier for the judges to hear and understand. Avoid recording outdoors or in loud hallways.
A panel of judges will view the video submissions and determine the winners of the pitch competition.
Judging is based on:
3. Audience Impact
Submissions will be allowed a maximum of 90 seconds for their pitch.
1. The decisions of the judges are final.
2. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
3. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. By entering in the competition, the contestants give permission the sponsors to use the names of the winners and their project for publicity and/or trade purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
5. Contestants and any business entities associated with them release and discharge the sponsors, the judges, and prize sponsors, from any and all liability associated with participating in the competition.
6. Contestants should not present any information to the judges, orally or in writing, which they deem to be confidential, proprietary, or commercially sensitive. Information presented will not be kept secret.